Our Unique Guarantees
UK Price Pledge
All of our products are covered by our unique price pledge. For full details, see our terms and conditions.
Unique in the market – our guarantee is what it says – we guarantee to help you select the right ski. For full details, see our terms and conditions.
When things go wrong, others will hide behind manufacturers’ guarantees. At Snow+Rock, we take on the responsibility
ourselves of resolving warranty issues with the manufacturer on your behalf – part of our Customer First initiative. For full details, see our terms and conditions.
Kids’ Buy Back
When you purchase your children’s ski equipment from us and they grow out of it, bring it back and we will give you a credit towards your next purchase of children’s ski equipment of up to 20% of the original value paid. If your children have grown out of junior equipment, the credit value may be put towards other purchases at Snow+Rock. No refunds will be given. For full details, see our terms and conditions.
A Guide to Kids’ Ski Sizing
In general the length of a kids’ ski should be somewhere between their chin level and forehead level. However the actual length depends on a number of factors. Our staff will be happy to guide you through them.
- Weight: As with adult skis, the heavier the skier, the longer the ski they can ski on. (This ties in with the flex of a ski).
- Flex: The flex of any ski is determined by its construction, and different manufacturers use different types, which in turn affects how stiff the ski is. A 110cm ski from one manufacturer may well be stiffer than that of another; because of this your child’s length requirement may change, dependent on the make of ski.
- Category of ski: Because skis are designed for different uses and although the performance level can be comparable, they will vary in size. Generally, piste based skis will be skied shorter than freeride skis.
- Ability: The more competent the skier, the longer the ski they can use. A competent skier will use a longer ski than a beginner of the same size/weight.
- Your child will enjoy their skiing more if they are supplied with the correct ski for their size, weight and ability.
- Children will develop and improve faster if they are coached correctly. Instilling good basic technique will stop them from picking up bad ski habits that are hard to break.